Senior Associate, Interconnection
Location: Denver, CO or Remote USA
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Associate, Interconnection, to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for managing the interconnection process for all of our US projects, so we’re looking for a well-organized, detail-oriented individual who can collaborate with our utility representatives, state managers and engineers to expedite our projects and ensure we maintain good standing in the queues. This role will oversee our interconnection application process and drive applications forward until projects are exporting electricity to the grid.
What you'll be doing:
- Liaise with utility representatives and drive the application through the entire interconnection study process and on to commercial operations
- Analyze interconnection tariffs and policies to develop and refine the interconnection application strategy, in accordance with our development and EPC strategies
- Review interconnection study results and work with internal team members and external third parties to verify the accuracy of solutions and costs
- Coordinate with the design and engineering teams to ensure the designs proposed to utilities are up to utility standards and in accordance with our development and EPC strategies
- Coordinate and liaise with leaders across the business to foster collaboration and a fully integrated, multidisciplinary approach to interconnection
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience in clean energy systems, specifically renewables and energy storage systems
- Knowledge and understanding of interconnection processes and policies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities
- Process-oriented with the ability to develop and improve processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Project)
- Direct experience working with utilities or for a solar developer would be preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Energy, Law or another related discipline would be preferred
- Experience working with utility portals such as PowerClerk and National Grid’s portal would be an asset
- Experience with PJM, NYISO, ERCOT, and utilities in the Northeastern US is preferred
- $75,000 - $95,000 base salary per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Please send your resume to Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: Application for Senior Associate, Interconnection. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We build, own and operate community solar farms throughout the US, empowering energy customers with the ability to choose local, affordable, clean energy.
Established in 2016, our team of energy professionals prides itself on community engagement and responsible development, striving to create projects that benefit the towns and communities in which they reside.
*In February 2023, Amp announced the sale of its US platform to a consortium comprising funds managed by Fiera Infrastructure Inc. and Palisade Infrastructure Group. The entire Amp US team has been acquired as part of the transaction, which is expected to close in April 2023. Following completion of the transaction, the new company will announce a new name and refreshed branding. The full announcement can be found on Amp's website; www.amp.energy/news.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Amp Energy, we are a proud equal-opportunity employer. We see strength in diversity, promote a culture of inclusion and welcome all applicants. Qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.
Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process. In your application, please don't hesitate to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).