Location: Denver, CO.
About the Role
As part of a team of professionals working together to develop and maintain financial integrity and controls, and to ensure transparency of the company’s finances, the Project Accountant will serve as a liaison between the Finance & Accounting Team and the Project Managers across the regions. The Project Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and provide day-to-day project accounting expertise while ensuring transactions are processed accurately and that reporting deadlines are met, budgets are established and that processes for billing and disbursements are defined in accordance with GAAP standards and revenue recognition policy.
- Review, summarize, and understand project related contracts and subcontractor agreements to ensure project set up and change procedures are aligned with contract terms and conditions and that approval guidelines are followed.
- Work with Project Managers/Coordinators to create and update projects in NetSuite, including milestones, budgets, rates, and change orders.
- Provide accurate and timely cash flow reporting, reconciliations, and projections, and provide analysis against projected cash flows
- Complete monthly Percentage of Completion reporting and analysis; ensure that customer invoicing is completed per the terms of the contract, and that appropriate approval processes are in place for all vendor payments.
- Assist with periodic project audits by stakeholders.
- Assist the Project teams in preparing monthly reports for client/investor and internal reporting by creating and implementing a robust data management methodology.
- Provide interim and year-end support for internal and external auditors, which may include research, analysis and reconciliations.
- Special projects/analyses on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s degree along with 5 years of project accounting experience (percentage of completion accounting), preferably in a construction or utility environment.
- Ability to correctly identify financial risks and opportunities and produce logical solutions to support a project team.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables, scenario analysis, and queries) and other Microsoft Office applications. Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, or another ERP system is an asset.
- Good knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, cash flows and estimating.
- Understanding of procurement, contracts, planning, scheduling and engineering or construction processes and procedures.
- Agility and adaptability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking on new tasks or projects, at times with minimal direction.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to be able to work within project teams and to provide regular updates to the Finance & Accounting Team.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 USD per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Stock Option Plan
Please send your resume to Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: Application for Project Accountant. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Amp Energy, we are a proud equal opportunity employer. We see strength in diversity, promote a culture of inclusion and welcome all applicants. Qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.
Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process. In your application, please don't hesitate to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).