Project Manager (UK)
Location: United Kingdom (Other UK team members are central London-based)
About the Role
The Junior Project Manager works alongside our UK-based Global Markets team and is responsible for consolidating and maintaining information across Amp’s portfolio of projects in the UK. The position establishes and maintains project documentation and tracking systems within the Project Delivery team, and facilitates the creation, integration, monitoring and reporting of project information (such as schedules, budgets, etc..). The role also supports the overall direction, procurement, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, values, commitments, and goals.
Reports to Project Development Manager, Global Markets.
Project Management Support (Primary Responsibility):
- Supports the management of individual project schedules, ensuring alignment between project team, contractors, suppliers, utilities and other stakeholders.
- Supports the planning and execution of high value projects as assigned from development to handover to the asset management team.
- Sole responsibility (with appropriate supervision) for delegated sub-projects.
- Facilitates project document management including correspondence, contract exhibits, and technical specifications and standards to facilitate a “single version of the truth”.
- Maintains a cash flow forecast for approved projects.
- Supports management of project budgets, contracts, change requests, and contract legal reviews.
- Supports day to day management and coordination of project team, consultants, engineers, landowners, network operators, and utility/transmission operators.
- Supports management of project health and safety.
- Supports procurement process for project equipment.
- Supports monitoring and reporting of project progress to all stakeholders and coordinates with investment team for communications to investors.
EPC Management and Support (for selected projects):
- Assists in the planning and implementation of projects including, but not limited to:
o Preparation and implementation of detailed project schedule and milestone schedule.
o Refinement of deadlines, schedule of expenditures and payment schedules
- Prepares and reviews EPC contracts for relevant projects and in particular, support the following areas:
o Creation of the scope of work
o Understanding the counterparties, their responsibilities and their obligations under the EPC contract.
- Prepares and reviews supply agreements with equipment manufacturers and subcontractors. In particular, support the following areas:
o Creation and alignment of the scope of work
o Alignment of the various schedules (construction, logistics, interconnection, etc.) within the agreements.
o Review of contracts to support the appropriate alignment of obligations by each subcontractor and supplier.
- Supports the permitting of Amp’s sites
- Helps coordinate and manage project tasks and deliverables
- Supports Project Manager(s) in providing technical and contractual guidance to subcontractors.
- Visits sites under construction and supports QA/QC efforts and the contractual compliance of the work performed by site teams, including, but not limited to receiving deliveries and taking inventory of materials and storing supporting documents such as photos and videos, bills of lading, etc.
- Sets an on-site example of Amp’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies, and performs ad hoc HSE audits on contractors.
- Supports the consistent high quality of services through management of and interface
with third parties, sub-contractors as well as in-house resources.
Project Portfolio Coordination (Primary Responsibility):
- Develops, maintains and monitors project plans and project schedules.
- Integrates project schedules and related activities (e.g. procurement, development) across functional teams to provide a view of cross-project interdependencies and facilitate critical path analysis.
- Prepares and coordinates cross-project reports and produces portfolio summary reports.
- Tracks and reports on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Creates and maintains processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Supports effective communication mechanisms between Project Managers and across the company for project portfolio information.
- Advises and assists Project Managers in the application of procedures and standards related to project tracking and reporting.
- Facilitates regular portfolio review meetings.
- Provides support to origination teams in the due diligence phase and screening process.
- Coordinates equipment logistics providers in accordance with project schedule and supply agreements.
- Coordinates and administers the solicitation of Requests for Proposals/Quotations from suppliers, contractors and vendors.
- Coordinates and administers the proposal/quotation evaluation process including the facilitation of evaluation team meetings and award recommendations.
- Reviews terms and conditions of agreements and purchase orders to ensure consistency.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of invoices received for all projects, whilst ensuring that the invoices are within budget and adhere to agreed upon payment terms.
- Tracks remittances of invoice payments and facilitates account reviews with suppliers, contractors and vendors.
- Recommends procurement and delivery methods based on specific requirements, procurement policy and best practices.
- Maintains a view of bankable equipment suppliers.
- Maintains a view of engineering and construction vendors licensed for work in the geographic location of Amp’s projects.
- Liaises with suppliers, contractors, and vendors on a day-to-day basis.
Process Administration and Improvement
- Develops and maintains the project library, standards for project documentation, project file management system and archiving system in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Researches, collects and evaluates project data necessary to meet project portfolio reporting requirements.
- Provides trend analysis across projects to facilitate the continuous improvement of the service delivery process.
- Maintains a continuous improvement mindset, and supports in project and portfolio assessments during and after the project as input for business development and PMO to ensure future project success.
- Contributes to project management best practices in accordance with Amp values and PMO guidelines.
- Passion for renewable energy and energy storage.
- 3+ years of relevant project management experience.
- Relevant Engineering, Business or Construction Management degree.
- Actively working towards industry accreditation is an asset.
- A purchasing designation would be an asset.
- Scheduling, planning, and document control experience.
- Experience in solar, wind, battery storage or off-grid and microgrid applications preferred, although all engineering project management experience will be considered
- A strong understanding and prior experience in the procurement of equipment and materials from international suppliers for renewable projects is required. Including, knowledge of logistics, including handling of tariffs and duties is an asset.
- Excellent planning and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, proficiency in MS Project and SharePoint.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to travel occasionally to project locations in the UK.
- Knowledge of industry health and safety laws is an asset.
- The selected candidate will be a trusted problem solver, and an integral part of a growing project delivery team.
- Initially home-based with regular (weekly) face-to-face time in central London.
- Fully remote applicants will be considered with the correct level of experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR at email@example.com.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.