About the Job
Amp is seeking a Manager, Procurement who is eager to contribute their expertise in sourcing and securing products and services required in renewable energy projects. They evaluate suppliers (vendor evaluation) and lead the negotiation of supplier contracts and agreements.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Project Delivery & Engineering.
- Identifies potential vendors / suppliers, gathers and analyzes corresponding information including industry views on bankability and performance.
- Conducts RFI, RFP and RFQ exercises to obtain quotations/proposals from suitable suppliers of equipment and services. Evaluates how the offerings align with AMP’s requirements for project delivery and optimization of financial returns.
- Recommends prospective vendors to top management
- Prepares supply contracts and leads the negotiation of terms with suppliers, involving the senior management and executive teams at AMP as appropriate.
- Maintains a view of the Bill of Materials for major equipment and regularly assesses risks with supply chain constraints impacting manufacturers, commodity prices, import tariffs and logistics.
- Maintains a list of equipment purchased that satisfies US Safe Harbor requirements for corresponding projects
- Periodically assesses forecasted demand for equipment and services and may recommend adjustment of the procurement plan to top management
- Orders equipment and services from approved suppliers (subject to top management approval), including issuing of Purchase Orders.
- Reviews and analyzes supplier invoices and supporting documentation (e.g. inspection reports, clearance certificates); forwards receiving paperwork to Accounting for vendor payment
- Maintains records of approved suppliers and periodically evaluates vendor performance (e.g., conformance with stated requirements, trends, anomalies)
- Support senior management and various Amp entities and teams on a variety of other duties as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree (in business administration or other suitable field) is required.
- 5+ years of work experience as a purchaser / buyer, preferably with a construction firm or renewable energy company.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others (in particular, establishing and maintaining good vendor relationships) are essential.
- Strong Organization, attention to detail and negotiation skills are a must.
- Preference will be given to those with a track record of leadership.
- Procurement certifications (CSCP, CPPM, etc.) are a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $120,000 - $140,000 USD per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Stock Option Plan
Please send your resume to Talent Acquisition at email@example.com with this subject line: Application for Manager, Procurement. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Amp Energy, we are a proud equal opportunity employer. We see strength in diversity, promote a culture of inclusion and welcome all applicants. Qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.
Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process. In your application, please don't hesitate to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).