Location: Denver, CO
About the Role
Amp is looking for a dynamic individual to join our fast-growing Finance Team. The General Accountant will support our US division through transaction accounting functions such as processing accounts payable and receivable, and balance sheet reconciliations.
What you'll be doing:
- Complete various balance sheet account reconciliations, including variance analysis
- Assist with routine accounting transactions, preparation of working papers and roll forward schedules
- Assist with the month-end close process and financial reporting
- Contribute to the audit process through the preparation of working papers, source documents, and address audit queries
- Assist Accounting Manager in ensuring timely bank payments
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when needed
- Other ad hoc projects, reports as required
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of related accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate Excel)
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Team player, who seeks collaborative solutions
- Analytical and results-driven with accuracy, integrity and transparency
- Excellent organizational skills
- Motivated, self-starter and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changing work environments and technologies
- Working knowledge in NetSuite is considered an asset
- Related experience in the energy sector or real estate development is considered an asset
- $85,000 - $105,000 base salary per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Please send your resume to Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: Application for Position Title. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We build, own and operate community solar farms throughout the US, empowering energy customers with the ability to choose local, affordable, clean energy.
Established in 2016, our team of energy professionals prides itself on community engagement and responsible development, striving to create projects that benefit the towns and communities in which they reside.
*In February 2023, Amp announced the sale of its US platform to a consortium comprising funds managed by Fiera Infrastructure Inc. and Palisade Infrastructure Group. The entire Amp US team has been acquired as part of the transaction, which is expected to close in April 2023. Following completion of the transaction, the new company will announce a new name and refreshed branding. The full announcement can be found on Amp's website; www.amp.energy/news.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Amp Energy, we are a proud equal-opportunity employer. We see strength in diversity, promote a culture of inclusion and welcome all applicants. Qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.
Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process. In your application, please don't hesitate to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).