Assistant Project Manager
Location: New York State
About the Role
The Assistant Project Manager works closely with our US Projects Team and consolidates and maintains information across Amp’s portfolio of projects. This position establishes and maintains project documentation and tracking systems within the Project Management Office (PMO) and facilitates creating, integrating, monitoring, and reporting project information (such as schedules). This role also supports the overall direction, procurement, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects, ensuring consistency with company values, commitments and goals.
What you'll be doing:
- Supports the management of individual project schedules, ensuring alignment between the project team, contractors, suppliers, utilities and other stakeholders
- Supports the planning and execution of projects as assigned from development to handover to the operations team
- Facilitates document management, including correspondence, contract exhibits, and technical specifications and standards
- Maintains cash flow forecast for approved projects
- Supports management of project budgets, contracts, change requests and contract legal reviews
- Prepares regular project construction reports
- Supports day-to-day management and coordination of project team, consultants, engineers, landowners, off-takers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), and Utilities
- Supports the management of health and safety, the procurement process for project equipment, and project communication, including media relations
- Supports the monitoring and reporting of project progress to all stakeholders and coordinates with the investments team for communications with investors
- Coordinates and administers the solicitation of Requests for Proposals/Quotations from suppliers, contractors and vendors
- Reviews terms and conditions of agreements and purchase orders to ensure consistency
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of invoices received for all projects while ensuring that invoices are within budget and adhere to the agreed-upon payment terms
- Tracks remittances of invoices payments and facilitates account reviews with suppliers, contractors and vendors
- Liases with suppliers, contractors and vendors daily
What your bring:
- 3+ years of relevant project management support experience
- Passion for renewable energy with expertise in solar, wind, battery storage and off-grid or micro-grid applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, construction management or another related field
- Advanced scheduling, planning and document control expertise
- Strong understanding of and prior experience in the procurement of equipment and materials from international suppliers for renewable projects is required
- Excellent planning and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project) and SmartSheets
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel occasionally to project locations within Canada and the US
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset
- Purchasing designation would be an asset
- Knowledge of logistics, including handling tariffs and duties, is an asset
- $90,000 - $120,000 base salary per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Please send your resume to Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org with this subject line: Application for Position Title. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We build, own and operate community solar farms throughout the US, empowering energy customers with the ability to choose local, affordable, clean energy.
Established in 2016, our team of energy professionals prides itself on community engagement and responsible development, striving to create projects that benefit the towns and communities in which they reside.
*In February 2023, Amp announced the sale of its US platform to a consortium comprising funds managed by Fiera Infrastructure Inc. and Palisade Infrastructure Group. The entire Amp US team has been acquired as part of the transaction, which is expected to close in April 2023. Following completion of the transaction, the new company will announce a new name and refreshed branding. The full announcement can be found on Amp's website; www.amp.energy/news.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Amp Energy, we are a proud equal-opportunity employer. We see strength in diversity, promote a culture of inclusion and welcome all applicants. Qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, creed, colour, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.
Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process. In your application, please don't hesitate to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).