Analyst, Asset Management
Location: Port Credit, ON.
About the Role
As a member of the Asset Management team, the Analyst, Asset Management establishes and executes an Operations & Management (O&M) plan for Amp’s operating assets in Canada, United States, Japan, India and other future markets. Components of the plan include: power production analysis, working with vendors and property owners to coordinate the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance, handling warranty and claim filings, and assessing O&M vendor performance.
- Develop and implement an O&M plan for each of Amp’s customers and for Amp solar PV and Energy Storage System (ESS) assets.
- Calculate, analyze and report system energy yield and financial performance. Assess the performance of solar PV assets and prepare reports for customers and Amp management.
- Establish and implement data science initiatives for asset optimization and operation, including predictive algorithms for Canada and USA energy storage solutions. This involves supporting the Engineering and Finance teams in the development of energy analysis and financial risk models.
- Monitor assets for alerts and issues requiring further investigation for potential corrective maintenance and arrange for dispatch to sites to assess corresponding issues.
- Work with vendors to coordinate the execution of on-site activities, including but not limited to: inverter preventative maintenance, panel cleaning, mechanical and electrical inspections.
- Identify and assess required partners/vendors and make recommendations to management on vendor selection and contracting.
- Receive calls from customers as Amp’s primary contact on maintenance and performance queries for projects in assigned region.
- Perform power generation modeling to validate expected power generation results.
- Create and monitor the annual O&M budget – revenues and expenditures – for all operational PV assets.
- Develop and maintain a database for collecting O&M information and identify improvement opportunities in Amp’s design and delivery processes and procedures.
- Coordinate assessments on performance issues, including root cause analysis, with the goal of identifying and implementing corrective measures, as approved by Management.
- Ensure all performance and O&M targets are met in accordance with baseline/expected results.
- Resolve any warranty issues with vendors.
- Resolve claims arising from clients related to the warranty provisions and performance guarantees.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in project designs, plans, processes and product deployment.
- Support the commissioning and hand-over processes of projects to Asset Management.
- Database management and asset registry.
- At least 2 years of O&M work experience, preferably in renewable energy and ideally in the solar PV industry.
- 1-3 years of experience designing solar / electrical projects is highly desired.
- Experience in O&M assessment and coordination, including on-site due diligence along with electrical and mechanical works knowledge.
- Prior experience with both commercial scale (required) and utility scale (desired) solar PV projects.
- Experience in data analytics or Machine Learning languages.
- Proficiency in power generation tools such as PVsyst
- Ability to extract data from online performance monitoring systems (e.g. Draker, Cachelan, AlsoEnergy, Locus Energy, 3megawatt) and upload into MS Excel for analysis.
- Working knowledge of MS Visio is an asset.
- Data visualization and presentation capability.
- Python, Seaborn, Tableau, MatLab.
- Flexibility in re-prioritizing work due to unplanned events and/or urgent requests for work.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- High degree of professionalism.
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR at email@example.com with this subject line: Application for Analyst, Asset Management. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.