Analyst, Land Origination
Location: Denver, Colorado.
About the Role
Our Land Origination team is looking for an Analyst, Land Origination to join our growing company. Reporting to the Manager of the Land Origination Team in our Denver Office, this role will work with a team of high performing subject matter experts and development managers to site new projects in targeted locations. In this role you will work with the Land Origination team to locate viable land parcels and to make contact with the landowners to negotiate site control to use as a basis for development of solar & energy storage projects.
- Review and revise parcel lists based on development constraints
- Assess high-level regulatory requirements for proposed sites
- Map deeds, parcels, & buildable areas compliant with selection criteria
- Maintain mapping database of all reviewed sites
- Conduct mailing campaigns for targeted parcels
- Conduct landowner outreach via phone calls, emails, mailers, and occasional in person visits
- Research landowner contact information to find those that are unresponsive/unlocatable
- Work with the landowners to negotiate a mutually beneficial form of land control (Option, Lease, Purchase)
- Serve as Amp’s point of contact with landowners and promote a professional image through your communication
- Conduct landowner interviews for parcel suitability and fatal flaws
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain the solar development process to landowners
- Pull vesting docs and review County records to confirm ownership. Assess title O&E reports for critical issues
- Draft and review outbound contracts
- Coordinate with counterparty Legal representation and internal General Counsel for any changes to base forms
- Review signed documents and coordinate an intake process to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Manage recording of Memorandums and Notices of site control
- Collaborate with internal team and outside consultants to answer any questions needed to secure land positions
- Bachelor's degree with a preference in Energy Land Management, Real Estate Development, or equivalent.
- Prior experience in energy or real estate acquisition projects, or as a lease analyst, is a plus.
- Occasional extended work hours required with ability and willingness to respond to landowner inquiries outside of usual business hours
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Confidence, pride, and care in sourcing and closing deals
- Motivation to work independently
- Enjoy working on the phone extensively with counterparties
- Proven decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel, Word, Project, Power Point), Google Docs, Smartsheets, and/or Adobe. Experience using GIS software an asset
- Occasional travel to new and existing markets as required to perform above duties.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $60,000-75,000 USD per annum
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Stock Option Plan
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to HR at email@example.com with this subject line: Application for Analyst, Land Origination. Applications will be assessed as received and the position filled once a suitable candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Amp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.